Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To Hell and.....on the way back

Yesterday I got released from the hosptial at approximentally 4:00 pm after spending the 4 full previous days in the hospital. As I sat on the couch breathing fresh air from the draft near the door I could not help but to cry a little off and on with on one thing in mind.....

April 25th @ Milwakee Area Technical College

After being released from the hosptial for lung surgery which removed cancer cells from my lungs, I immediately began emotionally thinking about my come back to the baseball field.

I am 23 yrs old and have worked too damn hard to back to where I am athletically, only to have it ripped from me and my lungs dug into. The amputation of my left foot and the rounds of chemotherapy were hard, however I think this surgery has already taken the most physical toll. I have no desire to play college baseball next year or to hold off on this, it is NOW or never.

Why April 25th? The amputation of my left foot took place April 26th of last year and...well....we dont play that day, so I am making my intentions on the day before.

I cant write much more right now as Im a little fired about this. Eventually I will write about my latest experience in the hospital and possibly on the emotional toll it usually takes, and the physical toll of my recovery.

Stay tuned for now and pray and look forward to April 25th....sooner if Gods strength allows it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..that is all I can say after reading this. I admire your strength and determination greatly. I think it is amazing that you continue to want to play and go to school when so many people would of just given up. My boyfriends father is currently battling cancer right now too and its hard to see him so down sometimes. I will definitely add you to my prayers and I hope you will make it back to the field by the 25th!

    ReplyDelete